The Annual Worthing Beach Clean will be taking place on 17th September 2016. This is not an E.Y.E. Project organised event however it is an event that we encourage local schools and their communities to support.
Living Heritage with Transition Worthing, British Sub Aqua Club, & Marine Conservation Society
Coastal Heritage & Sustainability Fair
MCS Great Worthing Beach Clean & Annual Litter Survey
12:00h Sat 17th Sept. 2016 Beach House Grounds and Foreshore (next to Splashpoint)
Notes for Beach Cleaners:
* Please sign up in advance by emailing: Worthingbeachclean2016@gmail.com
* Do bring a picnic - or buy lunch locally
* Please register. Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
* If wet there will still be a clean-up - cancellation only in extreme weather.
12.00 Event opens – browse stands & activities
12.21 High tide
12:30 Registration for Beach Cleaners. Have lunch & browse stands
1.45 Group briefing for Beach Clean & Strandline Search
2.00 Depart - in small groups within two larger teams
3.00 Beach Cleaners report back to base and
* Weigh litter bag, recording weight on survey sheet
* Return survey sheet to organisers
* Please help return rubbish & equipment in an orderly fashion
3.30 ‘Coastal Climate and Bricks & Mortar’ –
Join West Sussex Geological Society & Worthing Heritage Alliance on
a Geology walk looking at sea defences and built environment!
For further important information about the beach clean and other Transition Town Worthing events coming up this month please use this link: