Ø Sussex Wildlife Trust (SWT) - sussexwildlifetrust.org.uk
- Discover more about nature
- Find out about their Environmental Education
Find Educational resources at Wildlife Watch (The Wildlife Trusts): www.wildlifewatch.org.uk/educational-resources
Ø Arun and Western Streams Catchment - http://www.arunwesternstreams.org.uk/learning
The Arun & Rother Explorer resource pack is designed to support learning across a range of curriculum areas at Key Stages 1 and 2 including geography, history, science, maths and English. It brings together a number of resources which have been used by different education providers in this region in recent years. The idea was to bring these resources into one place and to make it as easy as possible for teachers to use the Arun and Rother rivers for teaching (both indoors and outside the classroom).
Ø Marine Conservation Society (MCS) - https://www.mcsuk.org/
- Visit the MCS Education Project - Cool Seas Explorers / Cool Seas Investigators
- Find out about Marine Life around the UK
Ø RSPB - www.rspb.org.uk
- Download ‘20 ways to give nature a home’ booklet which includes a ‘Little Kids guide to giving nature a home’.
- Download curriculum-linked classroom resources and outdoor resources to use in your school grounds such as ‘Spot it!’ sheets or Making homes for nature.
- Find an activity project that will give nature a home in your school garden or help wildlife in your neighbourhood.
- Sign up for their termly education e-newsletter.
Ø Woodland Trust - www.woodlandtrust.org.uk
- Apply for your school tree pack.
- Sign up to receive Nature Detectives newsletters.
- View and download Nature Detectives activity sheets.
- View their Nature’s Calendar website and download their fact packs and quizzes -http://www.naturescalendar.org.uk/factpacks.htm
Ø WWF – wwf.panda.org
- View their teacher’s page with lesson plans and project ideas.
- Find out how your school can adopt an animal.
- Find out about Earth Hour (every March).
- View tips on how you can make your school and classroom a sustainable place wwf.panda.org/how_you_can_help/live_green/at_school
Ø South Downs National Park Authority (SDNPA) - www.southdowns.gov.uk
- Explore their Learning Zone to find information and resources.
- Make contact with their Education Team who provide talks and practical sessions at school and in the National Park.
Ø Brighton & Lewes Downs Biosphere - biospherehere.org.uk/
- Find out about the the Biosphere on our doorstep which is internationally recognised by UNESCO as a new World Biosphere area.
Ø Farming & Countryside Education - www.face-online.org.uk/
- Find out more about their Countryside Classroom partnership which connects schools with Food Farming and Countryside.
- Visit their Resources library.
Ø Countryside Classroom - http://countrysideclassroom.org.uk/
- Countryside Classroom helps you to find teaching resources about food, farming and the natural environment.